Monday, September 14, 2015

Spotfire Library Location for Content Migrating


In Spotfire 6.5 Version, a new feature has been provided to update the location of  Library Directory.

In earlier versions of Spotfire when we Export the content from Library Administration, the zip files used to get generated on the Spotfire server at location as below
C:\tibco\tss\6.5.1\tomcat\application-data\library

The problem here is when we would like to export the content from Clustered environment to another environment, the library content zip file would be generated only on one of the clustered server. For which, you would need to check manually on which server the Zip files are generated and then copy them to the Other environment Server and import them accordingly.

 

 
 Instead of default library location, we can make use of shared location so that it can be accessed by multiple environments which avoids manual work to look on which server the zip files are generated. Below are the steps to update the same:-
- Open the Config file (Start-> Tibco Spotfire Server 6.5 -> Configure TIBCO Spotfire Server) on Spotfire server
- Provide the Bootstrap password
- Navigate to Configuration tab
- Go to Library Directory module and update and library path to use as Custom and then provide the location accordingly.

 

 
 Update this location on all the environments. The other advantage of this is, its not required to connect to server each time for migrating the content :)





8 comments:

  1. Hi Rupesh,

    Thank you for update.

    From now onward I start to use TIBCO Spotfire in my training practice.Thank you

    for explaining each step in screen shots. I've also used few other blogs for reference which were quite Useful

    I prefer on demand Videos Courses from Tibco Spotfire Training on Mac and Windows.

    Anyways great write up, your efforts are much appreciated.

    Regards,
    Morgan lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There


    Thank you for making your blogs an embodiment of perfection and simplicity. You make everything so easy to follow.

    I am trying to connect to LinkedIn API via BW Container edition and need to pass Access token to get the response. However I do not see any configuration related to OAuth in REST Reference or Invoke REST API palltete.
    Follow my new blog if you interested in just tag along me in any social media platforms!


    Obrigado,
    Nisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya,
    Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long.

    I have a data set of users and the date they have logged into the system. I want to show a cumulative chart which shows the number of new users of every month on top of returning users. I have attached a picture for reference. The X axis would be the Months and the Y axis would be the count of UserIds
    THANK YOU!! This saved my butt today, I’m immensely grateful.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha,

    Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long.

    My text area Property Control List box (multiple select) does not alow selecting more than one value. The control sets the property value through numerical range, Min 1 Max 12 value interval 1. I'm using Spotfire Analyst 7.6.1
    After some (more) research, it appears that I was trying to use this feature inappropriately; pls excuse my ignorance. -JB
    Follow my new blog if you interested in just tag along me in any social media platforms!

    Thanks,
    Irene Hynes

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great information and Its really worth reading it.
    https://www.visualpath.in/TIBCO-BusinessWork-ContainerEdition-Training.html

    ReplyDelete